It's been a while since I posted so I figure I get two songs. Both of them are pure 70s. The first one is Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s in Love. The song is really catchy. I just always love hearing this song. I never get up the nerve to buy the cd for some reason like I'm afraid the rest of her songs could suck. Or maybe it would look too wussy next to my Joni Mitchell cds. One other note: the drum fill coming out of the quiet section of the song is mindblowing. Rewind it a couple time if need be.
For my second song I picked Fool Yourself by Little Feat which is just a laid back song that is great. The chorus is great, the vocal are amazing, this song is just sweet. This is the type of song that they'd play in a montage in a current movie that's set in the 70s. Plus that opening beat was sampled by A Tribe Called Quest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
good stuff...coked out 70s AM radio.
well well well, Mr. Gould resurfaces. very nice to hear from you.
The Rickie Lee Jones song was pretty unexpected. first of all, her name reminds the average reader of this blog of Rikki Lake, and that's confusing. but mostly, her voice just seems so weird. i definitely like the song, though.
I also like that little feat song. do they have other good stuff? why didn't we go see them at bonnaroo?
I can't figure out if I want to have sex with the Rickie Lee Jones or not. The song was good though. I like the idea of "smooth 70's" music, you should keep on posting more of those. The band was definitely into the song. Especially the black dude on guitar that they showed smiling and saying that Chuck E was in love.
The Little Feat song was good. It definitely had a more Jam band Grateful Dead feel to it than the other song, but the chorus was real upbeat and is something I can see myself listening to again.
I only have one little feat album, but it's all good. They have a song called "Fat Man in a Bathtub" that maybe I'll post later. It's a great title above everything else. We didn't see them at bonnaroo because they've turned into widespread panic or whatever band was headlining the last night. They just jam out now. And I think they were playing when someone good was playing anyways.
And Dave of course you'd want to have sex with her. She'd start talking about the time she hung out with Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald and you wouldn't be able to control yourself.
That Little Feat song was awesome. Definitely not something I would have found or listened to on my own.
The Rickie Lee Jones song was good, but not my style. I can't put my finger on the reason, but I have trouble getting into folksy/jazzy female singers. Basically, it's me not you. :)
Rickie Lee Jones is Wierd (Weird... I before E right??) I actually picked up on the happy dude playing guitar next to the other happy dude playing guitar. The happy dude I saw had a great mustache. I saw a guy on the corner of Haggerty and 8 mile today who looked just like him. I wanted to pull over and compliment him on his exquisite, perfectly groomed mustache.
Chuck E. is in good order though, I can tell you that.
Post a Comment