I love New Order. I could have chosen anything off of Substance (CEREMONY!), but I decided to go with something fresher. If you're a New Order fan or casual listener you may have missed this one.
Every time I listen to Crystal I feel like it's going to end at 3:10, but then it gets a second wind within seconds and goes for another full minute. Somehow that always impresses me. I will concede that the song is a little dancey. I also don't really get the video. The Youtube comment says that the killers got their name from the fake band in the video.
...I couldn't resist posting Ceremony. Here's a Radiohead cover of it. I'm feeling all fanboy now.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's really cool that you're that big of a New Order fan. I probably only know 10-12 songs that i randomly downloaded by them, but i think those songs are all borderline perfect. My favorite song by them is Someone Like You, off of this same album. I've never heard Chrystal before, but this song is amazing. I'm going to have to make this my next CD purchase.
p.s. I'm not a radiohead fan, so i'm a little biased, but i really think their version sounds like poo-poo.
I've listened to this song about three times now and it just clicked. I like this song and I'll probably download more by them because of it. For some reason I've really only listened to Bizarre Love Triangle and True Faith.
I agree about Radiohead. I think they've completely lost me.
I really like this song.
I really don't like the video.
i agree. the video is the (brad) pits.
Can the Radiohead fan interject?
That is the closest they have sounded like a garage band. Thom Yorke without all his vocal effects and layering actually doesn't sound all that great.
The New Order song was good. But I have to listen to it again.
I'm glad you guys like it. They could have done so many things for the video. I don't know why they took the young/fake band route. If you pickup the CD, grab International. It's a compilation album, but it has the essentials.
I thought the Radiohead cover was unique. I'll agree it's nowhere near as good as the New Order version.
I'm also a Radiohead fan, and they have lost me on several occasions. Somehow I always seem to find them a few years down the road.
Post a Comment