Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Al Jarreu "Mornin'"
This was inspired by Gould's two "Smooth 70's" videos.
I love this song, and have went to bed with this playing on my iPod more than once. The vocals and the lyrics are awesome. I really believe all the stupid shit that this guy is saying. He's singing to Cheerios at the beginning of it for God's sake. Everything about the lyrics is really positive and the music fits it perfectly.
The guitar part is extremely smooth that plays throughout the song. My favorite part of the song though is the build that happens where he starts screaming "sky" (if I'm not mistaken) at the 2:27 mark. There's no other place that was fitting enough for him to be at that moment of the song but in the majestic clouds.
Look at this fucking guy for Christ's sake. He's wearing a blue, white, and pink shirt with a sailboat on it (yacht rock) and I literally think he is insane.
I love this video and this song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
holy crap. If i had to guess, i'd say this guy's last bad day was when he was 12. This is the happiest thing i've ever heard in my life. it's also really catchy.
Hahahaha. I don't know if he ever had a bad day in his life. You could sleep with his wife and he'd still be happy.
This video and song is amazing. Do you think they had to make him redo a few takes because he was too happy. The director's like "Come Al how happy can you get singing to the cheerios"
Possibly the craziest video ever. I had a really hard time looking past the video and listening to the music. Anyone else notice the popped collar under the yacht sweater? Pure awesome.
I think I needed more wind instruments to complete the yacht rock sound. I'm gonna go get some cheerios.
The video is just as good as the music. There's nothing that they could have had this guy doing to capture the era more than to have him dancing around in a Fat Albert-esque cartoon world.
I wanna go watch Reading Rainbow. I like when he does the little skip towards the end. In a happy battle do think this guy could take the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" Guy?
Post a Comment