One weekend in the TENTH FUCKING GRADE you borrowed my Kids in the Hall tapes. Tapes, mind you, that I spent ages assembling like the obsessive dweeb that I was, making sure I recorded every episode I could from CBC and Comedy Central. For years, you claimed no knowledge of the event, and I bought your lies. I thought I must have dreamt the whole thing up. Maybe I really only had one tape all along.
Finally, in 2006, 8 years after the fact, you fessed up. You'd had the tapes all along, and you even told me that you'd just watched one earlier in the day. Because I was buying the DVDs as they came out, my anger had subsided, otherwise I would have murdered you on the spot. You also offered me a Bad Religion DVD as some kind of blood money which I gladly took.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
What in the hell was I thinking letting you borrow my precious copy of Our Band Could Be Your Life? This time around, you didn't even have the courtesy to lie to me and claim you never had it. Instead, every time I'd see you, you'd tell me how much you loved the book and how you'd never give it back.
Aaron Surma, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for yourself, if you seek liberalization, come here to the Majestic Theater on October 14th. Mr. Surma, bring my God forsaken copy of Our Band Could Be Your Life. Mr. Surma, give me back my book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Pain breeds wonderful writing. Here's to Osman.
I am happy that this is happening.
Is that Bob Mould wearing the huge headphones? Why the hell is that guy wearing huge headphones?
That's roger miller. he has tinnutis (ringing in his ears). that's why they broke up.
I didn't really elaborate on Mission of Burma too much in this post. I really just wanted to call to attention the egregious crimes against humanity commited by Aaron.
This song is called 'Red' and it's off 'Signals, Calls, and Marches' -their first EP and most famous recording.
Anyway, Roger Miller's tinnitus caused the band to initially break up in 1983. Towards the end of their original run, he had to wear headphones to keep the sound of the drums out of his ears in order to prevent his condition from worsening. This is pretty much the same condition that Pete Townshend has. They got back together in 2002, and now the drummer plays behind a plexiglass screen to further shield Roger Miller from the sound.
hahahahahahaha
my life is beyond complete. You know, $15 would have bought you out of this misery. Instead you choose to dwell on it. That makes me think that you like being a miserable curmudgeon (spelling?). Perhaps that's the rock star in you. I hear Kurt Cobain was a tortured soul as well. You could ask Mike Azerrad about that - not only did he write the definitive biography on Cobain, but he also wrote a certain collection of short stories about indie bands that we all hold oh-so-close to our hearts.
by the way, Mission of Burma played in Det. earlier this year.
$15? Try again, that copy is priceless. I hold it very near and dear to my heart because I rightfully conned the publisher into mailing me a free copy.
Ummm.... Anybody else feel like they should start wearing earplugs at loud concerts and band practices... Nah.... That's lame.
I think Aaron still has a purple wahwah pedal he perpetually borrowed from me in high school.
Post a Comment