Monday, September 15, 2008

Fuck Off Guy

First things first you would be stupid not to be all over this blog as it is clearly essential to prolonged existence of musical opinion. Surma deserves respect for that last post. I can't believe that nothing in my life will probably be better then this stupid blog.

Anyhow below I offer the band Morphine in their short lived rise to knownness, they offer this the title track to one of my favorite albums of all time. This could be one of the most under rated songs ever for a man working though spout of self reflection. Also, I wish the lead singer was around long enough for me to see him live but unfortunately that was not the case.

My first Bonnaroo experience they played the entire "Cure for the Pain" album while the crowd waited for DMB to come on but please don't consider DMB as the headliner of that set. The playing of that CD was far superior to the concert that followed.


6 comments:

Aaron F. said...

Jake, i owe you huge for introducing me to that song a few months ago. They are the shit. That song has been my favorite by them since i started my young Morphine fandom.

Dave said...

I haven't heard that song before, but it was interesting. When he says "that's the day" he really sounds like someone that I can't think of right now...

"I can't believe that nothing in my life will probably be better then this stupid blog.I can't believe that nothing in my life will probably be better then this stupid blog."

That made me laugh. I appreciate the honesty.

p.s. Jake, are you alive?

Box in the Jack said...

Is he playing a bass with a slide? I've never seen anyone do that before.

Box in the Jack said...

Oh yeah, and what I meant to say was that I will have a hard time NOT vomiting videos all over this thing.

Dave said...

so your rules were to save you from yourself?

Osman said...

Morphine...you know a band is good when they get Beavis and Butthead's approval. Just too bad about that whole heart attack on stage thing.