Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gogol Bordello "Start Wearing Purple



This video is hilarious. I've only seen this once, (earlier with BJ) but I already wanted to get it up on here as soon as possible. I love how animated this guy is and the fact that they are literally screaming for people to start wearing purple. The amount of energy that you feel from watching this video alone is worth it.

These guys are from New York. The band is extremely multi cultural with the lead singer, Eugene Hutz, from Ukraine, and the rest of the band from Russia, Israel, Ethiopia and Ecuador.

3 comments:

Box in the Jack said...

I just wanted to share with you all the first time I heard about Gogol Bordelo.

It was on Satellite radio. The DJ announced the them as "Your favorite Ukrainian Gypsy Punk Rock band." I liked that.

I haven't found my second favorite Ukrainian Gypsy Punk Rock Band yet. But I'm looking.

Aaron F. said...

that shit was funny as 'h'. I wonder if eugene hutz is related to a certain lionel hutz. i hope so.

i could see their live show being a really good time. i've skipped seeing them a few times at bonnaroo, and now i have the buyer's remorse.

Dave said...

Were they at Bonnaroo when we went??

Fuck, I hope not.