Those of you who know me and have spent any amount of time with me in the last couple of months saw this coming (and the Andrew Bird, for that matter). This is another example of a song that hits me really, really hard.
The acoustic guitar part is crisp, and moving, with a sweet accompanying bass line. The vocals are ethereal, dreamy, but hinting at sorrow or yearning. Then there are the hand drums and claps. I'm not sure if I would like this song nearly as much if it were played on a kit. Without any drums at all it wouldn't have nearly as much drive. The sustaining electric guitars and backwards violin (or whatever the heck that is) are a good compliment to the dreamy vocal harmonies.
If anybody likes this song enough to analyze the lyrics, I'm interested in other peoples interpretations.
Again, I hope you all like this at least a little bit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The first two seconds were pretty good...
This is my favorite song that you have posted on here, J. I really liked the vocals and the acoustic guitar part. I also liked the women dancing.
this is a nice, relaxing, BJ song. it's likeable. I really like his busier songs with Calexico a lot better.
Whoever was clapping in this song was pretty busy.
Post a Comment