Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mew - 156

Well fuck it, i'm just going to use this page as a method of self-fellatio and to keep all of the videos i like in one convenient spot.

There are probably 35 pertinent things to say about Mew, but i'll try to limit myself. First of all, if you combined all of their best material it would be the greatest album ever recorded by man or woman. I can probably only narrow down my favorite song to 6 different options. This shit is so dreamy. And...they have the added bonus of saying 'Thank you Chicago!' to a crowd of 25-30 people at St. Andrews in April '07. The show was still incredible. The singer looks like a timid schoolboy who's still dressed by his mom. He held the mic to his face the whole time and kept his other arm rigid at his side. He didn't speak once the whole time. It was the Matt Dillon in There's Something About Mary-looking guitar player with the Chicago shout-out.

This video has the huge advantage of being the funniest thing i've ever seen in my life. Please enjoy it.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I can narrow down my favorite Mew song to four songs (I must just know my Mew).

Dave said...

I am just now able to see this video for the first time and I liked this a ton.

Dave said...

This video fits this song so well. I don't get why you thought it was hilarious though...