Last month my wife was working on what may quite possibly be the greatest film of all time: The Butterfly Effect III. To answer your question, yes, there was a second Butterfly Effect movie. While working on it my lovely wife Jil guided the star of the new Butterfly Effect, Rachel Miner. Rachel is best known for getting married to Macaulay Culkin at age 18 (he was 20).

Then I remembered the video for Sonic Youth's "Sunday" which not only featured Macaulay and Rachel but was directed by the infamous Harmony Korine.
If you're wondering what happened to Harmony after such great writing endeavors as A Crack Up at the Race Riots, he made a film last year about a Michael Jackson impersonator in France who falls in love with a Marilyn Monroe impersonator (The film is called Mister Lonely).
7 comments:
Reading the words Harmonie Korine makes me think it's 1998 and that I'm trolling every Borders in the Northville area looking for issues of Orbit.
I have no idea who Harmonie Korine is.
Was the beginning of this video supposed to be sad? They showed like a minute of McCaulay Culkin staring into a mirror and it seemed as though we him and the director were saying "look what you've done to me!"
The parts with him and his wife or whatever were weird as hell.
Ugh. Get this video out of here and never bring it back.
Note to Dave- Sonic Youth is also weird as hell, that's part of what makes them and this video so good. Don't make me post clips from El Topo.
Post them. I want to see them.
http://www.youtube.com/v/8HMyHG87KQU
The DVD has subtitles, but the best jodorowsky for your money is Holy Mountain.
hahaha this is great, especially the Harmony Korine reference. i didn't know he still did anything.
I like the song. I think i would like a 'best of' Sonic Youth album, but they have a lot of stuff i just don't get.
Post a Comment