I've been posting nothing but 80s underground and hardcore music so I thought I'd change things up a bit by posting one of my favorite ditty's ever.
I'm not going to go into the whole Dylan Goes Electric bullshit, but here's a pretty infamous video from that era where some lame hippy yells out "Judas!" at the beginning of the electric half of the set. This clip was originally a part of Martin Scorsese's documentary No Direction Home.
I'd be hard pressed to describe the feeling I get listening to this the first instant that Mr. Zimmerman and the Band launch into "Like a Rolling Stone". Not only is it one of the five greatest songs ever written (no arguments on that one please), but that sweet confluence of guitar, drums, bass, and keyboard in the first moments is one of the ten greatest things ever produced on this here earth.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Uh oh, Emmons doesn't like the Bob Dylan.
Executive Producer - Paul Allen
Greatest Character in a movie ever - Paul Allen
Osman's favorite song ever - This one
Probably not all coincidences.
This is pretty cool. I like some of his songs, but i have never been close to buying an album.
What is the motorcycle accident they're talking about? I am clueless about Mr. Dylan.
So, Bob Dylan betrayed his fans by playing the electric guitar, and that can be compared to the time Judas led the Romans to Jesus and all of mans sins were repented. Are the Bob Dylan Fans Jesus? How do they die?
That's a pretty interesting comment about his fans calling him Judas. I never knew people got that upset when someone started playing the electric. I thought people only got pissed when songs were switched over to acoustic...
I'm terrified of this song and Bob Dylan. I was the biggest moron in the world when it came to The Beatles. I'm not sure if I'm ready to eat crow yet with Bob Dylan.
Post a Comment