The Dead Kennedys are one of the few punk bands that I used to adore in middle/high school that i can still listen to. In fact, i still listen to them a lot. Although this is the most obvious DK song to play - especially after its inclusion in Guitar Hero - maybe it's because it's their best. Or, maybe its because it's the only live clip i found where he sings the whole song without losing the microrphone.
It is probably Jello Biafra's greatest use of sarcastic, politically-charged lyrics. I mean, talking about how some rich kid will 'work harder with a gun in his back, for a bowl of rice a day'? That line was his super bowl.
I think my favorite Jello Biafra story is from during his run for mayor in the 80s. There was one homeless guy who would always show up to his rallies wearing a shirt that said "Vote for Jello Biafra or i'll kill myself". You can't make that kind of stuff up. I believe Jello ended up 6th in that race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This song is great. I love how he can't seem to stand up. Also, I can't tell you how funny it is when I'm going to my corporate, white man job and I'm chanting "Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill the poor"
Post a Comment