Thursday, November 6, 2008

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Shuffle Your Feet (live)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club are the absolute shit. I am very embarrassed that i only started listening to them last fall after seeing them open for Kings of Leon. Their singer was briefly in the (dysfunctional) band Brian Jonestown Massacre. If anyone has not seen the movie Dig, please watch it immediately. It chronicles the relationship between Brian Jonestown Massacre and the Dandy Warhols. I would be willing to pay $20 a week to have that movie play randomly during the course of my day. It's that entertaining.

Anyway, here is a live version of my favorite BRMC song. It is the first song on Howl. The album itself is ok, but this song is mind blowing to me. The only rip-off is this version is live from the Henry Rollins Show, but we don't get to see Mr. Rollins anywhere in the clip.

3 comments:

Dave said...

God Dammit, Surma. I was going to put Weapon of Choice on here (eventaully), but you went ahead and put this bullshit up (I haven't heard it).

Osman said...

Their first two albums are really good. I like a few songs from Howl (including this one) but haven't really heard much of their new stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely hooked. I think I played Baby 81 and Howl non-stop for the past two weeks.

Top 5 songs so far:
1. All you do is talk
2. Weapon of choice
3. Weight of the world
4. Shuffle your feet
5. Not what you wanted