Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Adrian Belew - I See You

Adrian Belew is a guitarist who has played with Frank Zappa, David Bowie, Talking Heads, Herbie Hancock, Paul Simon, Nine Inch Nails, and King Crimson. He also writes some Beatlesque pop on his solo albums. This is from my favorite album of his, Here, which is a great pop record. This isn't my favorite song of his, but it does have a funny video.



Also, while searching youtube I found this hilarious commercial he did in Japan. He did a couple others, but this seemed to be the best.

6 comments:

Aaron F. said...

wow, that was awesome. the commercial is the funniest thing i've ever seen, and that song is really catchy. I would be $100 that emmons likes it. it reeks of day-day.

my favorite part of the video is when he's waving to the camera. hahaahhhaa

hard to believe that's the same guy who sings Facts of Life.

Dave said...

That song is really good. Really good. It reminds me of "I Got My Mind Set On You" because it feels like the same kind of departure that George Harrison made.

Gould-

Is there an artist you have listened to in your entire existence of being Gould that we can't do the "Six Degrees of Frank Zappa" with?

I think I'm going to go download that album now.

p.s. I just saw that this son of a bitch covered "Free as a Bird"@@!!@@!!@@!!@!@

Dave said...

I just listened to this song four times in a row.

robocop guy said...

If you live in my world everything's connected to zappa. But seriously how about my love of Steely dan, the who, stevie wonder, xtc, todd rundgren, the beatles, all the jazz I listen to, the meters,james brown, should I keep going.

Adam said...

Fact: Adrian Belew is for nerds who read Guitar World magazine.

Prediction: I'm going to have to read a post about Glenn Branca from Gould in the near future.

Dave said...

Gould-

I appreciate you and this song.

I am your lost musical soulmate. This is music that hipsters like B.J. and Surma could never possibly begin to understand.